Christelle is a talented artist who paints artworks for extra income Let’s help her sell her artworks, and for every purchase, a percentage of the proceeds will go to the Project Malasakit scholarship fund to help send poor children to school.
Christelle De Guzman Arroyo, a Hotel and Restaurant Management graduate from Fatima University, took a crash course in Basic Essentials in Baking & Pastry at CCA, Cubao and is currently working at Marriott Hotel Manila as a cake artist since February 2017.
My passion in art started back in my preschool years. I always am into colors.
I learned painting since 2008 when I was invited by my late sister Michelle to accompany and join her in her art therapy class for cancer patients (she got an acute leukemia that time). Through the help of our kind mentor and art teacher, Mr. Nestor Calma of Silab Artreach, and through reading art books and exposure to the Art Circle Gallery, I learned a lot in painting.
Silab Artreach was helping the Cancer Warriors Foundation which also helped my sister for her medication, so even though my sister was gone I supported them when they held their first art exhibit entitled “an art for a cause” on May 2009 held at Shang-rila Edsa. It was so memorable because I had an art collab with the great artists of Art Circle gallery, like the late Mr. Oscar Salita, together with Mr. Joel Mahilum and Mr. Otep Banez. They mentored me in replacement of my late sister because sadly she was gone before the art exhibit for a cause. Two of our collaborated paintings were sold and that made me happy because I was able to help through our artworks. Eventually I became teacher Nick Calma’s assistant.
Since then until 2013, every weekend and summer time was both a mission and a learning process to me in Art while I help Mr. Calma teach art in “Art therapy” lessons for kids with special needs and cancer patients.
Since 2014 until 2018, I was an active member of Artipolo group of artists wherein I participated in their series of art exhibit in various places.
Today, I am working at Marriot Hotel Manila as cake artist/decorator and a part time visual artist.
Art helps heal the pain of yesterdays and despite the fact that my loving sister was gone, I can still say that she’s always in my heart, telling me to keep on painting because she really knew that Art is my passion.
My art works are
In some Asian countries, they believed koi fishes represent overcoming obstacles despite the odds. Koi usually symbolizes resilience, longevity, success, good fortune, prosperity and courage. That really inspires me a lot and I want others who has gone through rough waters stay inspired too! In resemblance with Christian faith in which I also believe that we are all living in the middle life’s chaos, different heartaches and challenges in life–we children of God must trust, take courage, and have patience, love in our hearts and faith in God that after all the storm in our lives, if we continue to hold on to our faith in God, in the end, like that koi fish, we will be having our victory, and as a reward, receive an everlasting life with our great loving Creator.
- Artists giveback – August 15-29, 2009 at Art Circle, Shangri-La Mall, Edsa Mandaluyong
- ART for a Cause – Nov. 15-22, 2013 at Art Circle, Shangri-La Mall, Edsa Mandaluyong
- Haplos sa Puso- Feb. 2015, Robinson’s Antipolo
- The ART show- Feb.11-29, 2016 @ Vista mall, Antipolo
- Art Exhibit a Hearty episode – April 02-30, 2016 at Chef Jessies’, Rockwell, Makati
- Sta Lucia 25th Anniversary – May 2016 at Sta Lucia mall, Cainta
- Handog Philippine Festivals – May 2-June 03,2016 at Globe Telecom, Inc, Taguig City
- ENOMENOS – May 01- June 01, 2017 at Albergo hotel, Baguio city
- Babae, Sino ka?- March 19-30, 2017, at Buenas Artes Art Facility, Congress.ave.
- FAS and UAAP women’s exhibit Babae, sino ka? – March 19-20, 2017, Tomas Morato, Q.C.
- Halu-halo a Tag-init-May 07-20 2017 at Buenas Artes, Fernando B. Sena ‘s Art facility, Congress., Q.C
- Eves of Summer- May 2017, at Loreland resort, Antipolo city
- ARTipolo on port call in Angono,- August 12, 2017 @ ANKLA, Angono city
- VIVID- Dec. 17- January 2018 at Verde res., Loreland resort, Antipolo city
- Ani ng Sining- Feb.20-28, 2018 at SM Masinag, Antipolo city
- Mujeres del Artes- March 04-April 04,2018 at Verde rest., Loreland resort, Antipolo city
- ArtipoloArt group exhibit- April 21,2018, at Casa Nieves, Robinsons’ Antipolo city
- Artipolo ART group Exhibit- May 21,2018 at Bonsai Rest.,Robinsons’ Antipolo city
- ”Fleur filles de Leurs “ (4 Women Art Exhibit) at Luljuettas’, Loreland resort, Antipolo city
- Artipolo group art exhibit, May 2018 at Café Lupe,Antipolo city
- “HER STORY” March 2019 at Art Circle Gallery, Edsa Shangrila mall, Mandaluyong City
- ”IstoryART” Art Circle at 28, SM ART Center, Mar30-April 2019 Megamall, Mandaluyong
- “Spirit to serve”, for a cause Marriott Manila, December 2019
- Virtual “Lenten art exhibit” April 2020
- And some other various art exhibits at Blanco museum, Angono,Rizal